Save Akismet-rejected comment as hidden comment
|Status:||Needs Feedback||Start date:||2010-11-25|
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Jorgo S.||% Done:||
When wt_spamshield w. Akismet is activated for comments and it detects Spam, the comment will be rejected and a log entry will be generated.
1. The comment entry should be generated but marked as hidden and log entry should be appened to a new field.
2. It should be configurable via TS that the comment can optionally be deleted when detected as SPAM. This will help with large numbers of SPAM and cut down on administrative work. Deleted comments can still be restored with an extension like the Typo3 Recycler.
3. Add an icon to mark a comment as SPAM or as good (and send related feedback to Akismet). This will help in instances where Akismet detection went wrong.
For these features, cf. extension Akismet for ve_guestbook (mf_akismet) which has them implemented already.
Updated by Bjoern Jacob 5 months ago
- Status changed from New to Under Review
- Assignee set to Bjoern Jacob
Maybe it's a good idea to have some configuration to decide if a spam entry should be deleted or just hidden. I think this task is not only important for comments but also for some of the other supported extensions.