Update-Bug Frontend Administration +++ Please update the Manual
|Status:||On Hold||Start date:||2010-12-07|
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Martin Helmich||% Done:||
|Target version:||-||Estimated time:||2.00 hours|
Dear mm-forum developers,
Thanks for your great job. mm_forum is wonderful.
But there is a bug in context of updating from version < 1.9
If you are using your own templates from version < 1.9 you won't see the frontend administration plugin.
The cause are missing files.
This is the workaround (in the bash)
- Generate in the mm_forum backend modul new templates by copying the default templates. Call it "test"
- Copy fileadmin/ext/mm_forum/tmpl/test/feadmin/ to fileadmin/ext/mm_forum/tmpl/<old_template>/feadmin/
- Copy fileadmin/ext/mm_forum/tmpl/test/img/default/feadmin to fileadmin/.../<old_template>/img/default/feadmin
- Activate in the mm_forum backend modul your former template <old_template>
Please extend the manual with a section "update" and the workaround from above.
Or maybe you have a better solution.
Updated by Martin Helmich over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to On Hold
- Target version deleted (
I agree; I however see the problem not primarily in the documentation, but rather in the template handling mechanism.
In one of the next versions, we should implement a better mechanism for handling templates (maybe with a fallback mechanism that uses the default templates, if a single file is not present in the current design set, or something similar). I'll put this issue on hold until I have thought of something meaningful... ;)