Task #11954: Check the current status of i18n / L10n
assess the current state of the I18n feature
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Karsten Dambekalns||% Done:||
|Target version:||TYPO3 Flow Base Distribution - 1.1 beta 1|
Updated by Karol Gusak over 2 years ago
- Issue #11035 - the framework should distinguish locales fully supported (languages for which all translation files etc exist) from basically supported locales (datetime / numbers conversion rules and so on, known for virtually all languages - from CLDR)
- The resources localization by adding locale-tag suffix (like foo.en-GB.png) can be problematic (it makes mess in directory) - it would be nice to have something like resource bundle in Java
- Support for more data from CLDR (most important: sorting rules)
- Internationalization of models (to do multi-language articles etc)?
These are the most important shortages AFAIR, if I find more I will post here :-).
Updated by Karsten Dambekalns about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from assess the current state of the i10n feature to assess the current state of the I18n feature
- Status changed from On Hold to Accepted
- Assignee set to Karsten Dambekalns
Updated by Karsten Dambekalns over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Closing this one due to bit rot setting in... :)
The state was assessed and tweaked heavily. Whatever is still missing (we'll see) should get new feature issues.