Implement error tolerance functions/warnings
|Status:||Needs Feedback||Start date:||2011-10-11|
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
A user can do some actions that could break his installations:
- Delete a storage that contains files: A warning should be presented if the user still has files in the mount. If he forces deleting the storage, all containing files and references to the files are deleted.
- Delete a file that has references: A warning should be presented and the reference usage should be listed. If deletion is forced, all references to the file are deleted.
Who could implement that stuff?
Updated by Fabien Udriot over 1 year ago
Yes, good point. Having kind of diagnostic tool.
- It could be a scheduler task that check the consistency of the system and send an alert in case something wrong is detected.
- more work - but makes sense to have - a sub-modules that add a button on the docheader for instance and displays some health reporting such as orphan detection, ... (displayed for admin by default, on demand for User)
- an alert icon, can be displayed next to the record if something wrong appears (for anybody).