Bug #32961

BE module list dies if a tasks class cannot properly be unserialized

Added by Mario Rimann over 2 years ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:Rejected Start date:2012-01-04
Priority:Should have Due date:
Assignee:Francois Suter % Done:

0%

Category:scheduler Spent time: -
Target version:-
TYPO3 Version: Complexity:
PHP Version: Is Regression:
Votes: 0

Description

This happened not the first time to me today, that the scheduler backend module throws just a white page. We could always solve this by cleaning out the task-records from the scheduler tasks table in the database.

Proposed change:
Make it a bit more robust to detect this problem, show a warning message

History

Updated by Francois Suter over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Accepted
  • Assignee set to Francois Suter

Indeed this was improved already in the past, but apparently not enough. One typical situation is if a task's class signature has changed since it was first serialized.

I'll try to take a look at some point.

Updated by Francois Suter about 2 years ago

Hi Mario,

I finally took a look and I couldn't trigger such a mishap. Could it be related to #33116? Could you provide a test scenario?

Updated by Mario Rimann about 2 years ago

Francois Suter wrote:

I finally took a look and I couldn't trigger such a mishap. Could it be related to #33116? Could you provide a test scenario?

I don't think it's directly related to #33116 by reading the bug report.

Also I'm not 100% sure what triggered the error. But I think it was one of the following:

  • the scheduler task's class was removed (and the task record still points to it)
  • the scheduler task's class was renamed (and the task record still points to the old name)

Updated by Philipp Gampe almost 2 years ago

That happens if you have a syntax error (or any other fatal error). There is nothing TYPO3 can do about it, because fatal errors can not be catched.

If the class name does not exits, TYPO3 will display an error message.

This is a wontfix

Updated by Mario Rimann almost 2 years ago

Philipp Gampe wrote:

This is a wontfix

Agreed, then please close this issue.

Updated by Francois Suter almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Rejected

Updated by Michael Stucki 4 months ago

  • Category set to scheduler

Updated by Michael Stucki 4 months ago

  • Project changed from Scheduler to Core
  • Category changed from scheduler to scheduler

Also available in: Atom PDF