Wrong encoding of fe_users table
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Michael Stucki||% Done:||
This is not related to bug with the user import from the old system.
When a "special" characters are entered as a name, they will show up as ? in the "My account" dropdown.
Updated by Nikola Stojiljković about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Accepted to New
- Assignee changed from Nikola Stojiljković to Michael Stucki
This is actually a DB encoding problem after all. Running this query locally fixed the problem:
ALTER TABLE `fe_users` CHANGE `name` `name` VARCHAR( 80 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
Please make sure that all of the fields in all of the tables have utf8_general_ci encoding. It would be great if the existing data can be fixed as well.
Updated by Helmut Hummel about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from "My account" dropdown "special" chars bug to Wrong encoding of fe_users table
all data in fe_users is utf-8 encoded twice
Updated by Michael Stucki about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100