Files: Duplicates and Multlanguage Handling
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|TYPO3 Version:||4.5||Has patch:||No|
In the integration on df.eu I had lot's of troubles with duplicate files, because the current duplication checker adds the reference_id inside it's query. Unfortunatly this id contains the pid and if you reference the very same file on multiple pages, you will get duplicate results in the search.
The removal of this reference_id check caused the next issue. Only files for the default language were added, but indeed we want files on translated pages too. So I set the reference_sys_language_uid check by default in the attached patch to fix this issue.
Unfortunatly this didn't fixed all multilanguage issues, because the content_fallback mode wasn't supported yet. So I added this check and the result looks much more useful now. :-)
Please have a look at the attached patch. The changes are pretty simple, but maybe I didn't saw all possible side-effects.
Updated by Stefan Galinski about 1 year ago
Small note: I found another bug that is related to this changes, but shouldn't prevent this changes from beeing reviewed and committed if you like them. The results can show referenced files from content elements that are only available in the default language, because the check on the content level is missing. A possible fix could be quite expensive in terms of performance.
Updated by Stefan Galinski 4 months ago
- File solrfile_sysLanguageModeSupport.patch added
Just noticed that most of the reasons for my initial patch are implemented in a really nice configurable way now. Great work! Just the sys_language_mode support is still missing, but the attached patch changes that. :-)