TCA type-field and required fields bypass
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
I'm using a TCA type-feature, when some table contains so called "type-field",
which defines different views of same record at BE.
Let's see following cases of type-switching:
1. Record is already existing, field is required and it's content was changed
- switching type saves the field and reloads the form;
2. Record is already existing, field is required and it's content was set to empty
- switching type doesn't save the field, reloads the form and restores previous field's value;
3. Record is new, field is required, and it's content is set to something
- switching type saves the record with field's value and reloads the form;
4. Record is new, field is required, but not filled with anything
- switching type saves the record with empty required field.
As you see, we have a problem in item 4, since user can bypass a required field validation, and it may break a logic of application, which requires some fields to be filled with something.