Invalid characters in locallang.xml
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Juergen Furrer||% Done:||
|Category:||-||Spent time:||0.10 hour|
|Target version:||-||Estimated time:||0.10 hour|
The file pi/locallang.xml is supposed to encoded in UTF-8, but it's iso-8559-1 and so it contains invalid characters like German and Danish Umlauts which are still encoded in ISO. Standard encoding for files in TYPO3 has been UTF-8 for a while now. As a result,
1. Some labels have invalid characters
2. The locallang.xml can't be loaded or edited with the more recent Extension Manager.
Updated by Juergen Furrer 11 months ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Juergen Furrer
- Estimated time set to 0.10
Updated by David Voigt 9 months ago
Some Umlauts are still encoded as ISO8859 instead of UTF-8
<label index="back_text">ZurÃ¼ck</label> <label index="friends_add_title">Als Freund hinzufÃ¼gen</label>
however, danish Umlauts look fine now.