Substitution in test email working?
|Priority:||Must have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Adrien Crivelli||% Done:||
Can you confirm / infirm whether the substitution in testing email is working?
I have :
- one recipe fetched from a SQL query (fe_users)
- a RTE block which contains Dear ###first_name###
The test email, I got still contains the ###first_name###
Updated by Adrien Crivelli 11 months ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Rejected
I confirm it works, test newsletter have the exact same process as normal one, which includes marker substitutions.
Updated by Fabien Udriot 11 months ago
- Status changed from Rejected to Needs Feedback
In that case, I would be curious to know what is wrong on my set up (Ichtus website). Let close this ticket when problem fixed. They maybe some more documentation needed.
Updated by Adrien Crivelli 10 months ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Closed
- Assignee set to Adrien Crivelli
- Priority changed from Should have to Must have
- Target version set to 1.3.0
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Indeed there was a bug. My test case did not involve a huge list of fields for the markers.
Solved in https://github.com/Ecodev/newsletter/commit/6991acd5f81fd4f9603a1052f054e01f073b9e5d. For the time being, before 1.3.0 release, I would suggest to simply limit the fields selected in Recipient List to avoid truncated data in database.