caretaker server IP field should contain more IPs
|Priority:||Won't have this time||Due date:|
the caretaker server IP field in the extension settings, should contains more than one IP address. For example, I will setup some caretaker servers to check the same instance. two or three servers in different networks should do the same tasks, in this case the instance must allow access from three different IPs.
Updated by Martin Ficzel almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Priority changed from Must have to Could have
The problem is that you would have to add different server public keys as well. We wont add an option that teaches users to copy the private keys of one server to other machines. So if you come up with a good solution for that we will consider adding this feature.
Updated by Frank Nägler almost 3 years ago
We could handle the servers as database records like the instances, in this way all servers has its own record and own key pairs.
Updated by Thomas Hempel almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Needs Feedback to Rejected
- Priority changed from Could have to Won't have this time
I really don't see this feature for the following reasons:
1. As Martin mentioned, the user has to copy private keys to different machines. This is an absolute no go!
2. This works 100% against the concept of the caretaker infrastructure. We have only 1 (one) central system which collects all the data. If you have more servers you don't have the data together anymore.
Well, on the other hand I could imagine a system with some sort of drone that checks various things from outside the network of the server. We do that for the selenium tests and we had some thoughts on this drones idea some time ago. Anyway, this needs some more time to think about to make it right. If you have a good idea for such a concept, feel free to get in contact with us.