Encoding of Quickmail content broken
|Status:||Needs Feedback||Start date:||2010-06-16|
|Priority:||-- undefined --||Due date:|
|TYPO3 Version:||PHP Version:|
Text entered for Quickmail subject and body is not encoded properly.
Steps to reproduce¶
1. Set encoding for quickmails to iso-8859-1;
2. Create a quickmail and enter special characters in subject and body, e.g., German characters äöüÄÖÜß;
3. Send test mail to your own address; and
4. Read test mail.
The special characters äöüÄÖÜß should be displayed as such.
The following is displayed:
Ã¤Ã¼Ã¶ÃŸÃ„Ã–Ãœ (if 8 bit is used)
Ã¤Ã¼Ã¶ÃÃÃÃ (if quoted printable is used)
The behavior depends on which codepage is used by the browser when entering the text in the form. If I force it to use iso-8859-1, the body text is actually displayed correctly in the resulting mail, but the subject only shows question marks.
If UTF-8 is used both for the browser and as encoding setting for quickmails, the result is OK.
This lets me suspect that the content entered into the forms in the backend actually is not encoded at all but simply passed through.
Updated by Olivier Dobberkau about 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Priority changed from Must have to -- undefined --
Are you sure that is not a Enviroment Problem? Is your setup UTF8 clean?