Clean up registration of required fields
|Priority:||Should have||Due date:|
|Assignee:||Andreas Wolf||% Done:||
|Target version:||-||Estimated time:||2.50 hours|
Required fields should be registered in a way that we can profit from the OO infrastructure TCEforms now has:
- a required field calls $this->contextObject->registerRequiredField($this)
- the context Object puts a reference to the field in an array
- on rendering the context object traverses all required fields it has collected, gets their field name/id and puts them in a JS object/array.
- when the browser renders the form, all required fields are put under observation if they have any content. This examination will take place on every change in such a field (via a listener on some change event of the form field)
Updated by Andreas Wolf almost 3 years ago
- Estimated time set to 2.50
There is also a need for figuring out which sheet objects are on the "rootline" of the required fields. This has to be done by traversing the object hierarchy up from the field. Maybe we will need an additional method "getContainer()" for all classes that are possibly directly linked somewhere in the hierarchy.