TYPO3 4.3 Development status report
There once was an announcement that these status reports will appear on a weekly basis - hum, many weeks passed by since the last report. I have to appologize for that!
Roadmap¶The roadmap to TYPO3 4.3 has been updated and the releases have been postponed by two months. The reasons for that are some more important new features that have been planned to be released with TYPO3 4.3 during the coding weekend in Karlsruhe:
- MVC framework for extensions as a backport from FLOW3 and enhanced for TYPO3v4 requirements
- TCEforms refactoring that puts the current situation in an object oriented environment and thus is more flexible for specific needs
Open tasks for TYPO3 4.3 alpha2¶The alpha2 release is planned for February 15 2009.
Here are the tasks that are essential for that release:
- Integration of autoloading for PHP classes
- Integration of the modernized frontend editing
- Integration of the improved recycling of deleted records
- Integration of the mass file uploader (based on Flash's multiple file selector)
- Integration of improved caching behaviours on client-side by accordant .htaccess files
- Bugfixes/Checks to have Internet Explorer working in the TYPO3 backend with the most used functions (GUI in general, RTE, etc.)