User eXperience Week 2009 has started!!
The attendants for T3UXW09 have arrived in rural Behringen to work on TYPO3's usability.
It is saturday the 14th of november. Almost everyone has arrived at the castle in Behringen at around 2-3 o'clock in the afternoon. The castle is barrierfree, which means it is all adopted for disabled people. Although we are not working on accessibility I can safely assume most of the attendants support that. The castle itself is situated in a really nice rural environment. The air is really fresh. A welcome change for city dwellers. The whole castle is for the team this week. The network team, that rapidly volunteered, set up the whole wireless environment in a few hours. Punkt.de provided the switches they also use for the TYPO3 conferences. Joey brought a monster PC where he virtualised five servers. One for every team. Supportive tools like SVN, IRC and alike where all set up on this machine with the help of various people. Jens welcomed the attendants a little later in the afternoon and split up the available rooms among the attendants. After that the composition of the different teams was announced.
- Team 1: Patrick Lobacher (Manager), Jens Hoffmann (Designer), Thomas Hempel (Core Developer), Jo Hasenau (Developer), Timo Schmidt (Developer), Michael Klapper (Developer)
- Team 2: Ben van‘t Ende (Manager), Lars Zimmermann (Designer), Patrick Broens (Core Developer), Søren Madsen (Developer), Peter Beernink (Developer), Loek Hilgersom (Developer)
- Team 3: Michael Leibenson (Manager), Andre Wartmann (Designer), Ingo Renner (Core Developer), Fabien Udriot (Developer), Thomas Allmer (Developer), Steffen Gebert (Developer)
- Team 4: Joern Bock (Manager), Riona Kuthe (Designer), Sebastian Kurfürst (Core Developer), Stefan Galinski (Developer), Bodo Eichstädt (Developer), Susanne Moog (Developer)
- Team 5: Andreas Kundoch (Manager), Goran Stefanovic (Designer), Benjamin Mack (Core Developer), Tim Lochmüller (Developer), Ivan Dharma Kartolo (Developer), Oliver Hader (Core Developer)
Every team has a manager and a TYPO3 core developer. All managers and core developers met early in the evening before dinner to discuss the bigger tasks. Some of them are: Improve page module, Change UI in Login Screen (Installer ErrorHandling), Extension which includes a complete TYPO3 website - could be installed within the 1-2-3 installer, Redesign all formfields to make a difference beetween formfield and buttons, Put all Icons in „Retro-Skin“ und new Icons in „4.4 Icons“, ExtJS pagetree with drag and drop etc., ExtJS-Skinning in the backend. We will also tackle a lot of smaller bugs in the forge bugtracker and will pick the most user oriented as there are also a lot of admin oriented bugs as well.
Sunday the 15th we started the actual work. Teams where informed about the big scheme and everybody took positions in their specific team rooms and got to work. Unfortunately Patrick Lobacher was taken to hospital early in the morning suffering from kidney stones. Get well soon Patrick! All of us wish you a lot of strength. We miss you!