Unmonthly status update #2
A lot has happened since the last update was published, although there's still very little that's visible.
First of all the relation between the Official Documentation project and the Documentation Team has been clarified. This will be the topic of an official news, to come at a later point.
About the recent work:
- Susanne Moog has finished porting the TypoScript in 45 minutes tutorial to OpenOffice format. It's now waiting both for peer review (not started, as we have yet to define the process in more details) and for the new official documentation template to be ready.
- the new Getting Started tutorial, based on the newly released Introduction Package, is making great progress, thanks to Susanne Moog, Martin Holtz and Philipp Gampe. It's still a draft, but it's coming along very nicely.
- another project has been launched to create an Administrator's Guide: http://news.typo3.org/news/article/a-manual-for-the-typo3-administrators/ . Read the news and contribute!
- the update of the Core manuals for TYPO3 4.4 are still pending for now, as I had no time to devote to it unfortunately. Hopefully this will happen during the month of August. You should expect at least one big change: the TCA will have its own reference, making the Core API manual smaller and easier to read through.
- during T3DD10 the project to have a central TypoScript reference was started. The ultimate goal is that this reference be used for both the t3editor system extension and the TSref, as well as making it possible to build a TypoScript reference online.