How can I help?¶
The Book is translated using the DocBook format which will eventually offer a great potential towards output formats. However, writing DocBook may sound unfamiliar for certain people. As we want to keep the translation barrier as low as possible, we are splitting up the task in two possible roles that you can choose from.
1. Translator who put its translation on the Wiki and don't care about DocBook. Every commitment counts and is done per page. So, the minimum commitment is of one page.
2. DocBook Integrator who takes care of putting the content in Docbook format and commit it on the repository.
Of course, if you feel confident in both, this is even better. :) So, interesting? Please, register yourself to the project to get writing permission and jump to the workflow section!
Any useful links?¶
- CONTENTS: where to find the Table Of Content with the translator in charge
- DocBook: where to find useful information about DocBook
- http://forge.typo3.org/rb/taskboards/1288 where to follow up the current status of the translation
What is the translation workflow?¶
- Fetch a copy of the Book -- PLEASE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS VERSION!!
- BEFORE YOU START TRANSLATING: please write your name after the chapter / section which you are currently translating in the CONTENTS page and create a TASK on the board . Take inspiration of the example on the top. For people who has put their translation on the Wiki, mention it on Forge issue and don't forget to provide the link.
- WHEN YOU FINISHED TRANSLATING a section/chapter: please write RFP (Ready For Proofread) after
the translated section/chapter in CONTENTS, and commit everything.
- The more detailed workflow is described on top of CONTENTS.
- Please try to commit often, and if a section is finished, commit it and update the status inside
CONTENTS, so that the proof readers can start working.
- If there are open questions, use the documentation mailing list with the mention "#extbase_book" at the end of the subject. http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-project-documentation
- If you know more people who want to help out, please give them the link to the project
We need every help we can get, as it is quite a lot of work ;-)
- Happy translating and THANK YOU everybody :-)
What shall I do with images and code snippets?¶
- Images will be copied in by Sebastian or Jochen, as we have them still available. Please mark the
appropriate places with <remark>TODO: Image</remark>
- If you do not want to type a code snippet (f.e. if it is too long), Jochen or Sebastian can also
copy them in after the translation of the chapter is done. Please mark these places also with
What about the glossary?¶
- translation of important terms and styling issues are described in the file "glossary.txt".
- Sebastian Kurfürst will update the file accordingly.
- If you have suggestions what is missing, please write it on the mailing list, and Sebastian
will then add it to the glossary (this has the benefit that everybody gets to know glossary
updates when reading the mailing list)