Sponsoring features (1 comment)
Some guys ask me to integrate support for custom fields added to tt_news by third party extensions. Therefor a hole new configuration method must be developed, including the field validation. The Integration of this feature will change the actual rendering and validation process radically.
Maybe there are some people out there, which await this feature and would sponsor its implementation, so I could start an offical project at my TYPO3 agency. I don't think that I'm able to implement all the upcomming features and new wishes only in the small timeframe of my spare time - or in other words: Sponsoring some feature would boost the development massive!
Ready for role out (1 comment)
seems that no more known bug is laying in the current SVN version, so I'm ready to release version 1.1. If you have some time, test it and (hopefully) feel fine without running into bug-trouble! :)
I'm sorry, that it took soooooo long, but free time is a rare gift ... ;)
I'm close to finish version 1.1 but there are still some things left:
- The fields "Related news", "Language", "FE Group" aren't included in the validation and saving process, so they will loose there values by load/reload
- The validation of field "Links" is broken, links aren't saved!
- The notification mail only list the category uid instead of the title
- Because of the new "selection field rendering" the redirect option "category shortcut" have to be reviewed
- The documentation has to be updated
Feel free to test the actual SVN snapshot. If the known bugs above don't matter to you, you may install the extension on a enviorment with some more test users - it's beta, so you should not install it on critical live systems and remember: The FlexForm config have changed a lot since v1.0.x, so after an update from v1.0.x the configuration is broken and has to be reconfigured!!
Get the new TypoScript rendering for selection fields done, fixed some bugs and updated documentation. Now you could use the 1.1 (pre-) version again, but be sure: It's still beta and some sections are not well proofed at this moment.
The integration for fields like related, fe_group and sys_language_uid is not finished, so these fields will not be saved or with wrong values! If you want to play around with it and test it, look after the date2cal integration and validation, the HMENU rendering and maybe hard to comprehend namings in the backend ...
... to come closer to version 1.1: It looks like there is some unused time(!) this friday evening, so I may finish the date2cal and "all tt_news" integration. After finishing this "milestone" there will be only one left on the way to v1.1: The mail feature.
Pray for rain on friday evening! ;)
Many changes, beware of using the current v1.1pre in productive environments - it's highly beta!!! Only for testing!
Please control your flexform configuration, this part may be change some more times ...
- Support for T3 v4.5+ only
- Support for mostly all tt_news fields (datetime,start,stop,related, etc)
- Support for date2cal for all date/time fields
- HMENU/TypoScript rendering for all selection fields (issue #26339)
- Not all news fields will be validated and saved at the moment
- Datetime fields are not parsed from timestamp to datetime in edit mode
Also available in: Atom