The kb_display extension allows you to show listings or detail views of any table which is properly configured as TYPO3 TCA table. So it is a general data display extension which will take off the duty from you to write stupid "_pi1" listing plugins.
For example you can display tt_address records, fe_user records, static_countries or any other TYPO3 TCA table using your own custom (smarty) template and logic. If you want to show records of a table you created manually on your own, using the TYPO3 kickstarter or kb_kickstarter you do not have to write any "_pi1" code anyomore except some TypoScripts if you want to format your output.
For some preliminary documentatino see the kb_display wiki on forge
- Display content/rows from any TYPO3 TCA table
- Render this content into a smarty template
- Easily set criterias defining which records to show
- Allows you to join different tables without writing complicated SQL
- Sort your records by simply configuring your FE plugin
- Create "filter" dropdowns to let visitors of your site choose which records to display
- Pass every field through stdWrap
- Allows you to insert cObject's for any record/row and global cObjects
- A lot of hooks to allow you to extend the features of this extension
- very clean and neat codebase
This extension will work very nice together with kb_kickstarter which allows you to easily create new tables, without writing any ext_whatever.php or messing around with the TYPO3 kickstarter.
This is what users/developers wrote about kb_display / kb_kickstarter (most of the comments are in german as people tend to write in german if they see the ".at" domain in my email):
- "habe deine Extension ausprobiert und bin begeistert! Die Idee ist genial (v.a. das beidseitige Syncen von config files <-> Table definitions)" (Lukas Taferner, 20.6.2009)
- "ahja wollt eigentlich vorher noch schreiben dass ich wirklich begeistert bin von dem modularen aufbau den du da umgesetzt hast. ist wirklich sehr übersichtlich und gut strukturiert der kickstarter!" (Stephan Petzl, 8.7.2009)
- "I am testing the your new (super nice!) extensions, and I am having problems with the “Kick Admin” in “kb_kickstarter”." (Jesper Goos, 17.7.2009)
"Got it, I just need the smarty extension... Sorry… Love the extensions ;-)" (Jesper Goos, 17.7.2009)
- "Danke, dass Du kb_display entwickelt hast! Coole Extension!" (Jonas Dübi, 12.7.2009)
So be sure you also will have a wonderful experience of how easy it can be to add new type of content to TYPO3 and present it to your website visitors!!!
A bunch of hooks got added to the FE plugin. This allows programmers to alter the behaviour of kb_display or write plugins to achieve new functionality.
kb_display now on forge
The kb_display extension is a general data display extension, which allows you to show list and detail views for any TCA table.