News extension based on extbase, trying to do everything right from the start.
- GIT repository: http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/news.git
- Latest manual (based on GIT): http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/latest/
This is just an extract of the features of this extension
Best practise from the scratch¶
- Support for opengraph in default template
- Support of social websites (facebook, twitter) in default template, ViewHelpers for disqus, google+ & co
- Checkbox "Top news" to flag important news
- Easy to use/understand for editors
- Built in support for content elements (like extension rgnewsce)
- Support for multiple types of media elements (Images, Videos, DAM), based on relations
- Category tree
- Based on Extbase and fluid: Therefore very easy to style, understand
- Using unit tests
- Following the TYPO3 coding guidelines
- Documentation based on reST
If you see a benefit in using this extension and you sell it to your clients too it would be awesome if you could donate some of the money you earn with it back to the developers!
You can use paypal (mail et ringerge dot org), bank transfer (just ask for details via mail), chocolate, wine, beer, ... ;)!
Just to be honest: I do all the work for fun and won't stop that - it just would give you a better feeling :)
Release of 2.0.0
Finally the 2.0.0 is ready!
Christmas release of 1.3.0
The version 1.3.0 has just been released to the TER and will be visible in just a moment. Lots of new features have been integrated in this release!
News2 changed key and versioning
After many weeks of much work in my company, I began to work on the news extension again. It makes now even more fun!
Starting to implement video player for news2
I just commited the first implementation of video files to the extension news2. Never been easier to add videos to news records