Christmas release of 1.3.0 (3 comments)
- Suggest wizard in flexforms: With 4.5.9 or 4.6.2 you can now use the suggest wizard even in the flexforms. EXT:news is the first extension (that I know) which integrates this core feature.
- The relation to content elements is now even more awesome as you can now render the content elements not only by using TS but also by using fluid.
- The DateMenu can now filter by years only and not just by year + month
- Better support of 4-7 already! The core changes and extension developers need to react on that. Therefore a utility class handles now things which get deprecated (like in t3lib_div)
- The extension can now be used without including any TS
All changes are visible in the wiki at http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki/Release_Notes or by looking at the git log.
Using the Wiki
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki helps a lot to publish snippets and tutorials and those will get more and more there.
Please add your snippets if you think those are helpful for others
Thanks to all of you who use this extension and especially the ones who contribute by promoting the extension, push bugfixes and features or create the issues on forge!
Merry christmas and a happy New Year to all of you!
News2 changed key and versioning (2 comments)
2 very important changes happend in the last month:
The extension key changed¶
The extension key is now news instead of news2. If you have already a working news2 and want to migrate, you need to get the latest version of the extension and run the update script before you let the Extension Manager add the new tables. This is very important because the extension can take care of all the migration!
GIT is used instead of SVN¶
The url is: git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/news2.git
Yeah I know, the repository is still called news2 but this will change of course too. In the meantime it is the best to have the repository somewhere on your disk and create a symlink from there to typo3conf/ext/news/
The technical background is very simple.
There is an interface which needs to be implemented. A basic class renders the videos from youtube & co. Using the core class "tslib_mediaWizardCoreProvider" it is even possible for an editor to just add the url to a youtube video.
Working providers are:
Next will be given flv files
Also available in: Atom