Workspaces, Starttime, Stoptime
34 closed (100%) 0 open (0%)
v2.2.0 to v2.8.0 Upgrade Guide¶
Changes to the Early Access Program¶
The release of version 2.8.0 marks a new milestone in the development of EXT:solr. Until now there have been two versions of the extension, one publicly available on TER, and a "private" one available from dkd with additional features over the public one.
Starting with version 2.8.0, there will be only one public extension available from TER. Many additional features previously exclusive to the dkd version have been moved to the public version now. Other features are now available as add-on extensions from dkd.
This allows to reduce the amount of work involved with maintenance of the extension. On the other hand it allows to choose add-on functionality as needed and to distribute them to customers as they require them.
- This version requires Apache Solr 3.6 to support TYPO3's start/endtime feature. The easiest is to just re-install Tomcat and Solr using the extension's install script, this will install Apache Solr 3.6.1 and all necessary configuration files.
- The results per page switch has been turned into a regular plugin command in a previous release but was still rendered as part of the results command. With this release the results per page switch is being rendered like all the other plugin commands. Due to this change you need to (slightly) adopt your templates. Simply replace the
###RESULTS_PER_PAGE_SWITCH###subpart marker with
- The language field has been removed from the schema. It has been good practice to index different languages into separate indexes before and is encouraged even more now. Thus there was no need for a language field anymore. Also, the language field was of type integer, reflecting the TYPO3 system language IDs. If at all, it would make sense to keep the language as an ISO string.
- The option plugin.tx_solr.solr.useCurlHttpTransport has been removed. That option allowed TYPO3 to talk to Solr using curl. However, for indexing pages you always needed to have PHP's allow_url_fopen setting to be turned on. Since this caused quite some confusion we have removed the mentioned setting.
- The option plugin.tx_solr.search.ignorePageBrowser has been removed.
- A bug broke the feature plugin.tx_solr.search.keepExistingParametersForNewSearches. The bug has been fixed but requires changes to your template if you're using this feature. Within the pi_results HTML template's SOLR_SEARCH_FORM subpart add the maker ###FORM.HIDDEN_PARAMETER_FIELDS### to make this feature work. You may also take a look at the example template in EXT:solr/resources/templates/pi_results/results.htm. You do not need to add this marker for the pi_search HTML template.