User Access Refinement, Easier Installation, New Facet Options, New Template Features, EXT:crawler support, New Query Options, Upgraded jQuery to 1.4
16 closed (100%) 0 open (0%)
v1.1.0 to v1.2.0 Upgrade Guide¶
- If you had version 1.1 of EXT:solr installed already, just update the extension using the Extension Manager.
- After updating the extension make sure to install the Access Filter Plugin for Solr, the plugin is now required to ensure proper frontend user access rights handling. Simply create a directory called "typo3" in your solr home directory and copy the Access Filter Plugin from EXT:solr/resources/solr/. For existing installation the solr home directory should be /opt/solr-tomcat/solr/.
- Update schema.xml as the index schema needed to be changed for the frontend user Access Filter Plugin and other improvements.
- Update solrconfig.xml, it makes Solr load the Access Filter Plugin.
- Restart Tomcat to make the changed configuration become active.
- Finally, go to the reports module and make sure everything is ok under the solr section.
- Existing installations need to re-index their sites due to the changes in schema.xml
For new installations the install script in EXT:solr/resources/shell/ will do all the necessary steps for you.