Manage your tt_news cache better!¶
You should know that with typical tt_news settings when you add, update or delete news then TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd deletes all your cached tt_news views. And this is a huge performance lost because your server needs to rebuild each one of thousands news cache that was deleted (sometimes for example only because small tt_news title change).
Now you can significantly improve cache management of tt_news !Extension features
- It deletes NOT ALL but only ONE or FEW SINGLE cached view that had really changed
Note: few news cache are cleared in case of bidirectional realtions.
- It does NOT delete cache for views that can not hold the news.
Extension checks if views match the news categories. If not then cache are not cleared.
- It checks for changes that have NO impact on cache.
For example: the hidden news was created, the hidden news was updated, the hidden news was deleted.
- It checks what fields have been modified.
There are fields which clear all cached pages of view but there are also fields that clear only selected pages (see manual for better explanation). Each type of view (LIST,LATEST) can have its own "clearing" fields and each view can override this settings. Check TypoScript Examples in documentation.
- It allows you to forget about TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd.
No more need to use TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd for tt_news. Moreover if if you add another tt_news plugin (as content element) it will be automatically recognized and watched if it should be cleared.
- It supports bidirectional realtions