End of development!¶
The development of the BlogExample has been exposed.
How to install the BlogExample¶
- Install the extension in the Extension Manager and decide, whether you want to register a single, fully fledged plugin that contains all actions or if the extension should be split up into four plugins.
(Usually you probably wouldn't provide an option like this in your own extension, but it demonstrates the independence of page ids in your Fluid template. In this case We'd suggest to split up the extension as it offers you more flexibility)
- Don't forget to include the static TypoScript template "BlogExample setup"
- With the latest version (1.3) there is another TS template "BlogExample CSS Styles" that you can include optionally. The provided CSS tweaks the output by adding some nice icons, BE-like rendering of FlashMessages and much more. It's tested with the introduction package.
- In the Constant Editor you have some new options for PLUGIN.TX_BLOGEXAMPLE
We suggest, that you at least set the "Default storage PID" to a Sysfolder that should contain your blogs and posts.
- A new option is "*Editor FE Usergroup uid*". With that you can define the usergroup that should be allowed to add/modify/delete blogs and posts in the FE. for others those links will be hidden to demonstrate the usage of the security ViewHelpers (Note: The administrative actions are not yet protected in the controller, so you could still call them if you know the URL).
- Insert the plugin(s). If you decided to split up the extension into multiple plugins, you should create a page for each of the plugins. Only the page containing the "BlogList" plugin should be visible in the menu.
- Last but not least you should check the caching setup:
If you installed the single plugin and store blogs & posts on the same page as the plugin, you don't have to do anything. Extbase automatically clears the cache of the page as soon as something has been changed.
Otherwise you should edit the page properties of the SysFolder that contains your blogs & posts and add following line to the Page TSConfig field:
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = 1,2,3,4
Where 1,2,3,4 should be replaced by the page uids of the pages that contain your plugin(s).