TYPO3 4.5 development on the way (628 comments)
We will keep you up to date with the current development of TYPO3 in a subproject called TYPO3 4.5 Projects.
So if you want to keep informed around what is going on "behind the scenes" in the development of the first LTS support release of TYPO3, make sure you follow the news posted on that project.
TYPO3 4.3 Development status report (75 comments)
There once was an announcement that these status reports will appear on a weekly basis - hum, many weeks passed by since the last report. I have to appologize for that!
Roadmap¶The roadmap to TYPO3 4.3 has been updated and the releases have been postponed by two months. The reasons for that are some more important new features that have been planned to be released with TYPO3 4.3 during the coding weekend in Karlsruhe:
- MVC framework for extensions as a backport from FLOW3 and enhanced for TYPO3v4 requirements
- TCEforms refactoring that puts the current situation in an object oriented environment and thus is more flexible for specific needs
Open tasks for TYPO3 4.3 alpha2¶The alpha2 release is planned for February 15 2009.
Here are the tasks that are essential for that release:
- Integration of autoloading for PHP classes
- Integration of the modernized frontend editing
- Integration of the improved recycling of deleted records
- Integration of the mass file uploader (based on Flash's multiple file selector)
- Integration of improved caching behaviours on client-side by accordant .htaccess files
- Bugfixes/Checks to have Internet Explorer working in the TYPO3 backend with the most used functions (GUI in general, RTE, etc.)
TYPO3 4.3 Unassigned Ideas (11 comments)
Dear TYPO3 developers,
the TYPO3 4.3 development started with a kick-off session at the T3DD08 in Elmshorn, Germany.
During that session many feature requests were handed in by our community. However, there are still some unassigned ideas.
If you or your team are interested in implementing one of those features, please get in contact with me by direct mail.
Please do not start working on tasks without giving any feedback to me - it might happen, that two developers are doing the same work.
Here's the link to the TYPO3 v4 development page on Forge where you can also find the currently unassigned ideas for TYPO3 4.3 and the roadmap:
Release Candidates for 4.2.1 and 4.1.7 (2 comments)
Dear TYPO3 developers,
I have just packaged RC versions of the to-be-released patch level versions 4.2.1 and 4.1.7. The final versions will be released on Monday, 9 June. We didn't always produce RC versions for patch level versions, but it has proven to be useful at some points in the past, so we do it this time.
The patch level RCs will only be announced in the typo3.dev and typo3.teams.core mailingist, so they are only meant for internal / developer's testing.
For a list of changes, see the ChangeLog:
we're planning to release TYPO3 4.1.7 and 4.2.1 on Wednesday, 11 June.
It will contain the usual bunch of bugfixes that came in during the last weeks.
Also available in: Atom