File Abstraction Layer code sprint¶
This project is about creating a basic file abstraction layer into the TYPO3 core. Current and future projects like DAM, a cloud service like Dropbox or Ubuntuone can be build on this basic feature set of handling files.
The basic idea is to have a DB driven layer between TYPO3 and your assets. Utilizing this will open up completely new possibilities like displaying usage information on a asset or to deny users to delete an asset which is used somewhere on the website.
Also, FAL will lower the amount of website traffic because duplicate images are avoided within the website. There is only one single reference to the file. No duplicates any more in your uploads folder.
Finally FAL will be able to execute maintainance jobs to keep your TYPO3 installation clean without having to worry about filling up multiple folders with assets you don't need.
Read more>> File Abstraction Layer documents: First MDAM concept
Marketing Factory will be sponsoring the dinner on friday in a local Dusseldorf bar with local Dusseldorf beer. Web-consulting.at from Vienna, Austria and Cast Iron Coding from Portland, Oregon, US will sponsor a stack of pizza's. Thanks Guys.
You can also contribute to the code sprint by sending us a mail and telling us what you like to sponsor.
- ben van 't ende
- Dan Osipov
- Sebastian Fischer (Marketing Factory) (friday, saturday, sunday)
- Rupert Germann (not confirmed yet)
- Steffen Kamper (saturday)
- Ingmar Schlecht (thursday, friday)
- Andreas Wolf (friday, saturday, sunday)
- Thomas Waggershauser (by Skype)
wmdb System GmbH
Am Wehrhahn 41
40211 Düsseldorf (Germany)
These are recommended hotels in the neighbourhood of wmdb. The Terminus is in fact in the same street.
- Best Western Majestic (99,- incl. breakfast) - firstname.lastname@example.org - Cantadorstr. 4
- Hotel Terminus (65,- incl. breakfast) - email@example.com - Am Wehrhahn 81 – 83
- Hotel Minerva (59,- incl. breakfast) - firstname.lastname@example.org - Cantadorstr. 13a
- Request for Comments: concept draft for the FAL
- Request for Comments: Concept for the file module
- Request for Comments: Database structure
- Request for Comments: API
- Request for Comments: Changes to the DAM extension
- Analysis of existing solutions in other FOSS projects
- RFC Mockups: Changes for selecting a folder