Since this project has been integrated into TYPO3 4.6-beta1, the issue tracker of the TYPO3 v4 Core has to be used. There's a category Form Wizard.
The project consists of two parts; rewriting and enhancing the Form cObj, which makes it possible to generate the forms, and secondly the Form Wizard, which makes it easy for editors to construct forms.
This project will add a new extension to TYPO3 which will take a lot of functionality from various form extensions, like server side validation, build in captcha functionality, and more validation methods which can be extended.
The Form Wizard for editors will be very intuitive and uses drag & drop and sorting methods to add and replace form elements. While working in the wizard the editor will exactly see how the form will be displayed in the frontend, the website.
- Rewriting the Form cObj to make it Object Oriented based. This will make it easier for future enhancements (see future goals). Also community extensions can profit from this library as well.
- Output must be right for accessible websites.
- Various validation methods of the submitted values, with choice to do validation server or client side. User defined methods can be added. Possibility to add multiple validation rules to one field or have validation rules which spans more than one element.
- Possibility to group elements in the form with a fieldset. Nested fieldsets will also be possible.
- (X)HTML layout completely based on CSS.
- Intuitive drag and drop system with inline editing for editors in the backend to construct the form. The form will be displayed exactly the way it will be displayed in the frontend.
- Separation of markup and code. This will make it possible to render the forms as XFORMS or PDF Forms using TYPO3 services.
- Cover all possible form elements, attributes and behaviours and add special form fields like date or time fields.
- Configurable confirmation screen after submit.
- Handling of file uploads
- Build in captcha method
- Insert regular TYPO3 content elements in the form.
Future goals¶More features will be added after the release of TYPO3 4.3. Future goals are:
- Add more possibilities for handling the submitted data instead of only emailing, like storing data in the database.
- Multipage forms
- Redirecting mails to different addresses depending on submitted data
- AJAX validation. This makes it possible to show an error immediately after filling a single field without submitting the whole form.
The FORM Project is not dead
Two years ago I've started the FORM project, which goal is to replace the FORM content object in TYPO3. But this project came to a halt due to several reasons.
Again Major refactoring
For the next three days it is possible that the svn version will not work, because of major refactoring. A lot of files are moved around, renamed etc. Please be patient
Milestone 2 for Form Project is coming to an end.
But what's in it for me?