Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth

Added by Daniela Diebowski over 2 years ago

BO: Natalie Klinke
EURO: 91'000.00
EAB Responsible: Chris Zepernick


Replies (17)

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Ric van Westhreenen over 2 years ago

As I can read from the description, there is a lot of work put into this idea. The only thing that I mis is some quantification. You state that from our 800 members only 160 attended the AMD's. My first set of questions would be:

1. did we do a questionnaire to the members that did not show up and asked them why?
2. did we use the right instruments to contact them? Currently we do not have a great CRM solution, so maybe investing into a CRM with the right contact addresses would be a big first step
3. let's say this amount of money is granted, what do you expect to achieve? 400 members attending the AMD's? And what happens when it stays at 160?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Michael Stucki over 2 years ago

Quote:

This budget includes the development of a concept to ####Den Satz verstehe ich nicht####--> about the on boarding process of new team members to solve the advantages of a changing team with the goal that this team run on voluntary bases and works remote and location independent.<--#### The developed workflow could be used as a growing template that could be used for other teams, as well.

Can you fix that?

Besides this, the budget application misses a lot of details:
  • The numbers don't correspond to the 4 milestones
  • Where are the details of the calculation? How many hours are needed for the task? Is the T3A standard rate (55 EUR) used for the calculation, yes or no?
  • 15'000 EUR for CRM?!

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Clemens Riccabona over 2 years ago

Concerning CRM: there are some great FOSS products around, which would fit most needs!
Most of them are working very well right out of the box.
e.g. SuiteCRM, vtiger, sugarcrm, just to name some well-known.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Mathias Schreiber over 2 years ago

Clemens Riccabona wrote:

Concerning CRM: there are some great FOSS products around, which would fit most needs!
Most of them are working very well right out of the box.
e.g. SuiteCRM, vtiger, sugarcrm, just to name some well-known.

Those three are all one and the same btw :)
All forks of Sugar (or Sugar itself).
We spent a couple of weeks at T3G trying to find a proper CRM solution that works with PHP7 (EOL 5.6 is around the corner and we should not run into a dead-end by introducing a CRM that will die within a year).
The most promising solution was OroCRM but once you try to use it you quickly see that thy don't really care about the product.

I'm up for any proper CRM solution we can host ourselves, but the options provided unfortunately are none :(

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Natalie Klinke over 2 years ago

Ric van Westhreenen wrote:

As I can read from the description, there is a lot of work put into this idea. The only thing that I mis is some quantification. You state that from our 800 members only 160 attended the AMD's. My first set of questions would be:

1. did we do a questionnaire to the members that did not show up and asked them why?
2. did we use the right instruments to contact them? Currently we do not have a great CRM solution, so maybe investing into a CRM with the right contact addresses would be a big first step

No currently we haven’t made a questionnaire and i agree totally with you that investing in a CRM is a good idea and necessary from my point of view. My desired instrument to get in touch with the members is simply to call them by phone.

3. let's say this amount of money is granted, what do you expect to achieve? 400 members attending the AMD's? And what happens when it stays at 160?

I want to archive to update all member data, to gather information of the members needs so that we can transform then in well designed products that we can offer them and to show our members that we care about them.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Natalie Klinke over 2 years ago

Michael Stucki wrote:

Quote:

This budget includes the development of a concept to ####Den Satz verstehe ich nicht####--> about the on boarding process of new team members to solve the advantages of a changing team with the goal that this team run on voluntary bases and works remote and location independent.<--#### The developed workflow could be used as a growing template that could be used for other teams, as well.

Can you fix that?

Besides this, the budget application misses a lot of details:
  • The numbers don't correspond to the 4 milestones
  • Where are the details of the calculation? How many hours are needed for the task? Is the T3A standard rate (55 EUR) used for the calculation, yes or no?
  • 15'000 EUR for CRM?!

800 Members / 30 min. per Call = 400 hours = 50€ per hour = 20.000€

Travel and Team should include possibility to make a sprint and have some Budget to travel to our community outside of Germany. But i have to say that i was super unsafe how to calculate this. Hopefully i do it right?

15.000€ for CRM:
Yes cause i think maybe it is needed to add missing functionality or we won’t find a FOSS software that fit to our needs. If I’m wrong than we don’t need to spent this part of the budget.

For the Typo I’m super sorry. I have send a new file and ask to use the new one instead of this one but to clarify this sentence:

„This budget includes the development of a concept to about the on boarding process of new team members to solve the CHALLENGE of a changing team with the goal that this team run on voluntary bases and works remote and location independent. The developed workflow could be used as a growing template that could be used for other teams, as well.“

This view is the retrospective of my experience in the marketing team from the last year. During the travels for the AMD’s and Events that i have visited and the feedback that i have got from people I met there is that there are a lot of people who are willing to participate more in the non-development driven teams but its not easy.
I have identified three main reasons why they don’t participate. The reasons are travel time and cost special for people who are not from Germany, time that people are able to spent and missing knowledge what are the goals, tasks and needed skills in teams.

When we focus to grow TYPO3 international than we have to keep in mind that this might not be possible if we are not able to solve this difficulties.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Ric van Westhreenen over 2 years ago

With regards of the CRM solution. I've seen, used and tested many FOSS applications. That did cost a lot of time. Wasted. It's crap. Invest in a commercial one. Maybe there is a commercial one that sponsors open source projects.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Natalie Klinke over 2 years ago

Ric van Westhreenen wrote:

With regards of the CRM solution. I've seen, used and tested many FOSS applications. That did cost a lot of time. Wasted. It's crap. Invest in a commercial one. Maybe there is a commercial one that sponsors open source projects.

Thanks for advice. I suggest it will be a good idea to get all people together who are affected for a discussion what needs are the most important and use it as a base for the research and i would love to hear experiences.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Jo Hasenau over 2 years ago

While there is another budget application for a so called "Community Manager", I have the strong impression, that this budget is much closer to the actual job of such a community manager.

As we had a session about that at the TYPO3 Camp Rhein/Ruhr in Essen with about 10 people, there was one recommendation brought up by some of the participants:

With the TYPO3 company as the newly installed motor of the TYPO3 project, it could be useful to install the Community Manager as an official position in the company. This way it would not be a separate person dealing with a lot of different parties in the community, but the Feel Good Manager described in this application, who has an ear for the needs of persons - users, developers, integrators or agencies - regardless of their sales volume. While the company itself already follows these goals, it would be the job of the candidate to communicate these goals to avoid possible misunderstandings, like the ones to be seen in the other application.

So the question would be: If the company and the EAB agree to this recommendation, would it be possible to grant this budget for that particular position in the company, or would the company have to raise that budget on its own?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Mathias Schreiber over 2 years ago

Jo Hasenau wrote:

If the company and the EAB agree to this recommendation, would it be possible to grant
this budget for that particular position in the company, or would the company have to
raise that budget on its own?

I think we should no overly complicate things.
If we have such a dedicated position for the task, we would make a desk in the office available.
This includes access to the coffee machine, internet access, a landline phone as well as whiteboards and stuff.
That should take care of the collaboration part.

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Jo Hasenau over 2 years ago

Mathias Schreiber wrote:

I think we should no overly complicate things.
That should take care of the collaboration part.

Indeed - this sounds like a pragmatic approach without too much bureaucratic hassle.

@Natalie: Would this be something you could/would handle this way?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Natalie Klinke over 2 years ago

Jo Hasenau wrote:

Mathias Schreiber wrote:

I think we should no overly complicate things.
That should take care of the collaboration part.

Indeed - this sounds like a pragmatic approach without too much bureaucratic hassle.

@Natalie: Would this be something you could/would handle this way?

First of all sorry that i reply so late. I agree with you that it would be beneficial to place this seat near or in the Inc to coordinate things better but i don’t see the Inc responsible for the budget. The customer care part is just one part of the budget and it is not designed to fill a full-time position. On the other hand the outcome is beneficial for both sides of the party but the prior aspect is to grow the community and to make teams collaborate better. I see the association in charge for this.

I’m not well informed about the rules of funding of the Inc but the emotional side in me would ask if we not burden the Inc if we put this budget on her charge and limit than its power in other areas?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Mathias Schreiber over 2 years ago

Natalie Klinke wrote:

I agree with you that it would be beneficial to place this seat near or in the Inc to coordinate things better but i don’t see the Inc responsible for the budget.

Same here.

I see the association in charge for this.

I share that opinion.

I’m not well informed about the rules of funding of the Inc but the emotional side in me would ask if we not burden the Inc if we put this budget on her charge and limit than its power in other areas?

From what I can see so far you brought up the entire idea of the Inc having this budget :)
So what are we talking about right now?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Natalie Klinke over 2 years ago

Mathias Schreiber wrote:

From what I can see so far you brought up the entire idea of the Inc having this budget :)
So what are we talking about right now?

Uh sorry i hope we did not run into misunderstanding. I understand that Joey brings up this idea and what i have written is meant as an argument against it. I choose to formulate it as question to avoid to be to offensive.

Clear now?

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Jo Hasenau over 2 years ago

Actually I don't care if the person owning the budget is the company or a real person. It was just an idea that came up during the session we had in Essen, that Feel Good Management could be a job for an employee of the company.

So as long as the position is set up as someone who is repsonsible for communication and reviewing for and together with the company and not as a counter part to figuratively "fight for the rights of the community against the company", I think we are all on the same track :-)

RE: Feel Good Managment / T3A Customer Care / Community Growth - Added by Mathias Schreiber over 2 years ago

I highly agree with the "together" part.
This is a joint venture financed by all of, us executed by some of us for all of us.

    (1-17/17)