Bug #10733: As a backend user, I want a clean visual design for the whole UI
Style the logout button
Style the logout button (and the name tab) according to the Photoshop design.
#3 Updated by Robert Lemke about 9 years ago
I have the follow critique regarding the currently implemented design:
Because the name (aka dashboard) button and logout button are visually combined into one tab, I got the impression (especially when hovering over it) that no matter where I click on the tab, it will have the same effect. In fact, when I click on the logout button, the dashboard view becomes active and then I got logged out after a while.
Personally I don't see why we need to combine both in one tab, in my opinion this only cause confusion.
I suggest that
- we have two separate tabs, one for the dashboard and one for the logout
- both tabs are highlighted separately on mouse over
- logout should not be done by XHREF but rather by a direct link in order to get a direct feedback on the button click
- the fadein-time should be shorter than currently (feels like about 1 second)
#5 Updated by Jens Hoffmann about 9 years ago
- Assignee changed from Jens Hoffmann to Robert Lemke
Where can I test / see that?
http://latest.phoenix.demo.typo3.org/ << Unusable.
Who mad that? Why is it still like that? Who can fix that? :)
A Tab ONLY! for Logout is a Nogo.
Maybe we need to find a new solution there.
First I like to taste it and see if it got the right UX.