SVN History seems to be gone
After restructuring the SVN and resetting the repository configuration in the Redmine modules (FLOW3 project for example) the files etc. do appear and I can also see Karstens commit messages from the restructuring - but all other history seems to be vanished:
Background information: If you want to change the set up of the repository module in Redmine you have to delete the repository (in Redmine) and create a new one. A cronjob (which you find in /etc/crontab) is responsible for updating changeset information.
#1 Updated by Karsten Dambekalns almost 12 years ago
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
THis seems to be a Redmine issue, as the history in SVN is available. Also if using a project (e.g. "Packages") configured for a repository path above the newly created directories (.../trunk/) it works.
So it seems that Redmine (which has been configured to use .../Framework/trunk/ as repository path for the FLOW3 package) simly doesn't allow to break out of that.
#2 Updated by Karsten Dambekalns almost 12 years ago
- Status changed from Accepted to Needs Feedback
- % Done changed from 10 to 50
I just checked, as soon as the repository path is set to the "base path" of a package, it works as expected. IMHO this make more sense anyway, as there is no good reason for hiding branches and tags in the repository browser. What do you think?
#5 Updated by Robert Lemke almost 12 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Accepted
- % Done changed from 100 to 90
Hmm, maybe I didn't understand this right: We have now set the repository path to https://svn.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/FLOW3/ for example - and that is supposed to work, right?
However, when I look at the FLOW3 project (packages-flow3) all changesets from the 5-0.dev.typo3.org server are gone, I only see the new ones. Any idea what's wrong?
#8 Updated by Karsten Dambekalns over 11 years ago
This is what Robert and I figured out so far: history is available for actual files as well as "old" directories in the FLOW3 package, but seems to be missing for the FLOW3 as well as the tags/branches/trunk directories. Since the latter ones should have at least a complete history starting with their creation by me (and they have for other directories), it seems as if Robert (or rather his Eclipse) broke something during the Framework-FLOW3 switch, as the first log entry for those directories is one by Robert (r472).
One possible solution could be to remove the FLOW3 folder again from SVN (possibly "really", by messing with svndump and friends or maybe only revert the changes starting with r472), and apply the stuff again.