Open external links in a new window
The external links in the wiki open in the same window. It would be better, when they open by default in an external window.
#2 Updated by Daniel Brüßler almost 8 years ago
- Due date set to 2011-04-02
- Category set to 884
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Daniel Brüßler
- Target version set to 889
- Start date changed from 2011-04-01 to 2011-04-02
yes, we talked already about this. I introduced the <link>...</link> tag what can have _blank as parameter. But it's easy to forget this.
As we have now jQuery in the wiki, I think I add target="_blank" to all external links tomorrow ;-)
in the wiki this is a special case. There the user expects to stay in the wiki with all links. You see that on wikipedia.org - all external links are below in a special section.
[edit: I will add target="_blank". class="external" is already there because of the CSS selector]
#4 Updated by Daniel Brüßler almost 8 years ago
- Due date changed from 2011-04-02 to 2011-04-03
- Status changed from Accepted to Closed
- Start date changed from 2011-04-02 to 2011-04-03
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I did it, now all external links are automatically converted to target="_blank " links
You can try it out here