I want to edit content on a "contentmaster" and include it in build process
Maybe: Live = Contentmaster
For each new build the content XML is retrieved from contentmaster - so that content maintenance can happen in TYPO3 and all system have current content.
#1 Updated by Robert Lemke over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
Do you mean this?
- code of TYPO3, FLOW3 and the site is deployed on the integration server
- content is edited only on the integration server via the backend
- for deployment to production, the content on the integration server is exported into the Sites.xml and then imported on the live site again
Would be an extra secure way to stage everything.
On the other hand: Is it really necessary? My favorite workflow (subject to feasibility) would be:
- content is edited on the production server through the built-in workspace mechanism
- if content changes are necessary for integrating a new plugin etc., the new content is committed as part of the Sites.xml to Gerrit and eventually to the integration and production servers
- code of TYPO3, FLOW3 and the site is deployed on the integration server and eventually on the production server
- the integration server pulls the most recent content from the production server and merges it with the Sites.xml contained in the site package (which contains possible content changes for plugins etc, see above)
- if the content and code works fine on the integration server, we know that it will look and work fine on the production server
- in case of conflicts while merging the content from the production server and the Sites.xml, an error will be issued.
Certainly, we'll need to refine this and check how to realize it technically, but would be nicer that way.