Overhaul annotation support/syntax
I think it would be wise to decide on this before 1.0.0, the earlier the better. It has been discussed here and there in the past, but we need to get this thought through.
So, here are the basic questions:
- Do we adopt UpperCamelCase and case-sensitivity, like Doctrine 2 and Symfony 2 use it?
- Do we switch annotation parsing to the Doctrine Common library?
- consistency with Doctrine annotations we have in place already
- inconsistency with "normal" docblock API annotations
- the latter can be softened by using prefixes on annotations and have them lowercased, see http://symfony.com/blog/symfony2-annotations-gets-better for examples
- move the burden of maintaining a parser away from us
- force us to adapt the current annotation syntax
- possibly allow more flexibility