base64-encode of URI-transferred serialized objects
At least Fluid-Widgets add a serialized object to links in order to transfer them across requests.
Maybe it's considerable to base64-encode these serialized objects to avoid problems like the suhosin's null-byte-omission.
Additional explanation: serialized objects contain NULL bytes if a property of the object is protected.
- Assignee set to Bastian Waidelich
- Assignee deleted (
Mh, base64 encoding sounds a bit "expensive" to me, but I can't really judge this atm.
I unassign myself for now so someone else can comment on this
- Category set to MVC
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Adrian Föder
- Project changed from TYPO3.Flow to TYPO3.Fluid
- Category deleted (
- Subject changed from Evaluate base64_encoding of URI-transferred serialized objects to base64-encode of URI-transferred serialized objects
as a side note, the URI length w/o base64 encoding, resulting in the need to urlencode it, is 546 bytes; where the base64 encoded variant is 516 characters long.
- Status changed from Accepted to Under Review
- Tracker changed from Task to Bug
- Has patch changed from No to Yes
changed to Bug because the current behavior will definitely break for the mentioned circumstances (using Suhosin)
- Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Also available in: Atom