Bug #38653

RTE: Words containing special characters not added to personal dictionary

Added by Gerhard Rupp over 8 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Must have
Category:
RTE (rtehtmlarea + ckeditor)
Target version:
Start date:
2012-07-04
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
TYPO3 Version:
4.5
PHP Version:
5.3
Tags:
Complexity:
Is Regression:
Sprint Focus:

Description

Words containing special characters (f. e. German umlauts) can´t be added to the user´s personal dictionary.


Related issues

Is duplicate of TYPO3 Core - Bug #29685: Spellchecker is not able to add words with german umlauts to personal dictionaryClosedStanislas Rolland2011-09-12

Actions
#1

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Category set to RTE (rtehtmlarea + ckeditor)
#2

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
  • Assignee set to Stanislas Rolland

Is the TYPO3 backend utf-8-encoded?

#3

Updated by Gerhard Rupp over 8 years ago

Yes, it is.
I found a similar bug report at http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-rte/2012-January/002322.html

Maybe this could help.

#4

Updated by Gerhard Rupp over 8 years ago

Are you sure that fwrite is capable of writing utf-8 without encoding?

#5

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

Gerhard Rupp wrote:

Are you sure that fwrite is capable of writing utf-8 without encoding?

Well, the word is correctly written in the temp file.

#6

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

Gerhard Rupp wrote:

Yes, it is.
I found a similar bug report at http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-rte/2012-January/002322.html

Maybe this could help.

This will not work in the general case.

#7

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

In think that the problem is that Aspell expects the word to be in the same charset as the dictionary being used. I am trying to find how to know in what charset the dictionary is encoded.

#8

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Subject changed from Words containing special characters can´t be added to personal dictionary to RTE: Words containing special characters not added to personal dictionary
#9

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch master has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/12679

#10

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

This is now fixed in master.

I think this is an Aspell issue. Here is the work around:
- before submitting additions to the personal word list or to the personal replacement pairs, access the main dictionary currently in use and retrieve the encoding specified in the file;
- convert the additions to the personal word list or to the personal replacement pairs to the encoding of the main dictionary.

The above will work only if the personal dictionaries are utf-8-encoded. Therefore, before submitting any request to Aspell, read the personal dictionary files and ensure that the encoding option is set to utf-8. If not, set the option to utf-8 and update the files.

Now need to backport to the stable releases.

#11

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
#12

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Accepted
  • Target version set to 4.5.18
#13

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-5 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/12680

#14

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

Please test this change on TYPO3 4.5: http://review.typo3.org/12680

#15

Updated by Gerhard Rupp over 8 years ago

I can confirm that this patch works on a windows server on TYPO3 4.5.17.

#16

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#17

Updated by Gerhard Rupp over 8 years ago

This patch seems not to be included in TYPO3 4.5.18.

#18

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Under Review
  • Target version changed from 4.5.18 to 4.5.20
#19

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#20

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Under Review

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-6 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/15466

#21

Updated by Gerrit Code Review over 8 years ago

Patch set 1 for branch TYPO3_4-7 has been pushed to the review server.
It is available at http://review.typo3.org/15467

#22

Updated by Stanislas Rolland over 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Under Review to Resolved
#23

Updated by Riccardo De Contardi over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF