Work Package #45004
Write TYPO3 Neos Integrator Guide
Write TYPO3 Neos Integrator Guide¶
- Target Audience: developers and integrators who want to use Neos
- Responsible: Karsten Dambekalns <karsten (at) typo3 (dot) org>
- Implemented by: Karsten Dambekalns, Sebastian Kurfürst <sebastian (at) typo3 (dot) org>
- Amount: 10 work days
- Version: must have for 1.0
- Planned Implementation Timeframe: week 12 to 15, 2013
Anyone who is about to build a website using TYPO3 Neos needs to be able to have the needed knowledge available in a nice to read documentation. The same is true for developers about to write plugins for Neos or work on the system itself.
In the past the lack of documentation for TYPO3 has always been mentioned (justified or not) as an impediment for adoption. And even those who recognized the existing documentation complain about the learning curve.
To make it easy for integrators and developers to get into TYPO3 Neos it is thus needed to have documentation available that is concise, easy to understand and available at an early point in the product lifecycle.
What has been started at https://review.typo3.org/17510 will be used as base for this.
- Integrator topics to be covered [MUST]
- ✔ Installation / Getting started
- ✔ TYPO3CR: structure, nodes and content types
- ✔ How a page is rendered
- ✔ Using custom templates for the site and custom elements
- ✔ TypoScript introduction
- Using TypoScript to tweak rendering (cookbook style)
- TypoScript objects and Patterns (TODO Sebastian)
- ✔ TypoScript inside (concepts and motivation on TypoScript)
- ✔ Creating custom content types
- Configuring Neos UI elements for types
- Creating a plugin for Neos (TODO: should be Developer Guide, not Integrator Guide)
- Localisation using a multi-tree approach
- Site deployment (using Surf)
- Neos developer topics to be covered [MUST]
- Coding guidelines
- Working on the UI
- FE system architecture
- (TODO Sebastian) Diagram: How the content module works (and a little text)
- Creating custom "backend" modules
- ✔ have the guide rendered on docs.typo3.org [MUST]
- ✔ have the guide advertised/linked on neos.typo3.org [MUST]
- ✔ written in english [MUST]
- proofread by a native speaker
Updated by Sebastian Kurfuerst over 8 years ago
- File typo3neos-distribution-base-45004.pdf typo3neos-distribution-base-45004.pdf added
- Due date set to 2013-04-16
- Start date changed from 2013-01-31 to 2013-03-12
- Estimated time set to 60.00 h
Has been discussed with Jan-Hendrik from the EAB on 12.02.2013; and has been accepted on 15.02.2013 by the EAB.
(The attached PDF is a snapshot of this work package at the time of acceptance.)
So, Karsten (and myself), you can schedule this work package in your day-to-day calendar and implement it then -- can't wait to see it in Neos 1.0 :-)
Another side-note: Please do not forget to add comments to this work package and update "% done" while you are working on this package.