Work Package #45088
Improved REST support
Improved REST support¶
- Target Audience: developers who want to use Neos
- Responsible: Bastian Waidelich
- Implemented by: Bastian Waidelich, Andreas Förthner
- Amount: 18 work days
- Version: must have for 1.0
- Planned Implementation Timeframe: week 7 to 14, 2013
A solid webservice interface provides countless possibilities. With a proper foundation it would easily be possible to expose the TYPO3 Content Repository as service for instance. This would allow other systems to interact with arbitrary nodes (e.g. mobile clients creating pages, a simple plugin creating content nodes, ...).
Another use case are custom service APIs for the clients business logic. Flow already provides basic support for that, but there are some important parts missing.
The goal is to have a solid foundation to easily provide custom REST APIs. What has been started at #37604 will be used as base for this.
- MUST: more flexible request handling
- MUST: Routing improvements
- MUST: session-less authentication #45282 - currently Flow creates a session for every authentication, this is incompatible with REST
- MUST: solid test coverage
- MUST: documentation
- COULD: improved error handling #43569 - currently exceptions are rendered independently from the requested format (HTML for all web requests)
- COULD: exemplary (mobile) client that interacts with the TYPO3CR