caretaker testservice not found
after upgrading to 0.4.1 i encountered several error messages in log, similar to this one
Core: Exception handler (WEB): Uncaught TYPO3 Exception: caretaker testservice tx_caretakerinstance_Extension not found | Exception thrown in file /[path]/typo3conf/ext/caretaker/classes/nodes/class.tx_caretaker_TestNode.php in line 164
The tx_caretakerinstance_Extension differs due to the nature of the test, could be ping asf. Caretaker itself is running, but the web interface is producing the error, once you would like to get the detailed view of a host. Am I missin something?
Updated by Tobias Liebig over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Assignee set to Christian Nölle
Could you check, if the service configuration is available in the "configuration modul" in the backend (see screenshot: http://etobi.de/screens/Caretaker-20130225-142023.jpg)
Which was the version (EXT:caretaker and EXT:caretaker_instance) you had installed before updating to 0.4.1.?
Does it also happen, when using a git clone from https://github.com/TYPO3-Caretaker/caretaker_instance and https://github.com/TYPO3-Caretaker/caretaker ?
Updated by Christian Nölle over 8 years ago
- File caretaker_error.jpg caretaker_error.jpg added
- File caretaker_error_fe.jpg caretaker_error_fe.jpg added
Just checked the service integration, seems like there is something wrong. See attached screenshot as well as screenshot of FE error message
Used 0.3.1, updated to 0.4.1 - will check the git version today and provide feedback.
Updated by André Spindler over 8 years ago
- File caretaker_services_be.jpg caretaker_services_be.jpg added
- File caretaker_exception_fe.jpg caretaker_exception_fe.jpg added
Hello,I have the same problems here:
- Two Installations. One is TYPO3 4.5.23, second 6.0.2
- Both have been setup by me
- former Caretaker version was 0.3.1(0.3.2) from TER - don't know exactly, but was long time available and not updated. Now caretaker and caretaker_instance is 0.4.1 ;-)
- no errors in backend:
> reports module shows all services setup correct (screenshot)
> Caretaker's own backend module works fine
> CLI Task/Cron with caretaker does all checks
- Frontend of caretaker fails:
> Opening instance groups and instances work
> When opening test group exception is dropped when checking tests (screenshot)
I think this is not related to the services themselves. Seems like the services are not loaded in FEmode.
Updated by Tobias Liebig over 8 years ago
A while ago we refactored "registerCaretakerTestService" in "tx_caretaker_ServiceHelper".
I think there might be a bug regarding registering the test services in the frontend.
I won't have time to debug this in the very near future. If someone likes to have an eye on that, this might be a good place to start at:
Updated by Marc von Schalscha over 8 years ago
I have the same problems here. Just updated caretaker and caretaker_instance from 0.3.1 to 0.4.1 getting the error. Seems to be a problem with the ext-caching. Clearing the BE-Cache solves the problem for one page hit, afterwards it is occurring again. Setting $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extCache'] to 0 makes everything working fine but is no real solution.;-)
Updated by Philipp Kitzberger about 8 years ago
- File 0001-BUGFIX-Make-service-registr.-work-in-cached-FE.patch 0001-BUGFIX-Make-service-registr.-work-in-cached-FE.patch added
nailed it down to this commit f5b66653c2053ee04702079d81142fff5134d4f3, which is the one the tobias wrote in order to fix issue #13169.
since TCA is not available in FE adding a little condition to it when trying to read from it. see attached patch file.
Updated by Philipp Kitzberger about 7 years ago
This patch has been pull-requested by another user already. issue can be closed now.
Updated by Christian Nölle about 7 years ago
I am sorry, but I have to reopen this bug.
This error still occurs for me, now running 0.5 of instance and server. Getting:
Oops, an error occured! caretaker testservice tx_caretakerintegrity_CheckCoreIntegrity not found
in FE and
Core: Exception handler (WEB): Uncaught TYPO3 Exception: caretaker testservice tx_caretakerintegrity_CheckCoreIntegrity not found | Exception thrown in file /var/www/caretaker/typo3conf/ext/caretaker/classes/nodes/class.tx_caretaker_TestNode.php in line 164
See screenshots for registered services. Running latest 4.5 right at the moment, did not try with 6.2
Updated by Philipp Heine over 6 years ago
- File Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 13.41.06.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 13.41.06.png added
- File Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 13.45.03.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-15 um 13.45.03.png added
I think I found the problem... (in my case I used TYPO3 CMS 6.2.9 with caretaker 0.5.0 and caretaker_instance 0.5.0 from github)
1. There are two screenshots attached with more information about the error
2. My solution was to change the order of the extensions in /typo3conf/PackageStates.php. First "cartetaker" then the other extensions like "caretaker_instance".