Update-Module not very clear
I needed to check out the code why there was no update module available. After finding out that I need to set the $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['loginSecurityLevel'] = 'normal'; first, I also found it in the manual. so this is not very clear to me.
show the update module always but just show an info that the wizard is only available if the extension is used.
furthermore it would also be nice to check in the update function for BE / FE usage and just show the user the options which are enabled. E.G. usage is limited to FE but I could still change the pwds of the be users
Updated by Marcus Krause over 11 years ago
- Category set to Update Function
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Target version set to 0.3.0
- okay for making the update-function available (but "deactivated") even when ext is not activated (="normal") for a specific TYPO3 mode
- okay for a notice in regards to that in the manual
- okay for explictly mentioning the TYPO3 mode(s) the extension is activated for
But I wonder why should you want to convert passwords for BE or FE mode although t3sec_saltedpw won't work for this mode?