Work Package #47905
Perfection the Party and Account Management Module
Perfection the Party and Account Management Module¶
- Target Audience: users who are competent to administrate an installation's users and accounts data
- Responsible: Rens Admiraal
- Implemented by: Sebastiaan van Parijs, Adrian Föder
- Amount: not estimatable, not paid, done on voluntary basis
- Version: not planned yet
- Planned Implementation continuous work
As soon as a project introduces a user base, including accounts (which is intrinsically the case on Neos projects due to the Administrator/Editor roles), the need for versatile management possibilities is raised.
Administrators should be able to use the GUI for everything the data base provides, in a company-kind manner, that is, for example, resetting a user's or bulk-resetting a group of user's password with an auto-generated one; providing a way to set and assign roles to users; and, not at least, provide a way to add GUI implementations for concrete implementation classes (not every Account has a TYPO3.Party assigned, and not every AbstractParty has a SinglePerson).
- MUST have a way to assign roles to users
- MUST reflect the fact that the Core only prescribes Account and AbstractParty, implementors should be able to set GUI implementations of their own Party and Person implementations
- SHOULD have a way to set an auto-generated password to the account
- SHOULD provide the possibility to bulk-reset user passwords