Work Package #47023: Global user interface
Implement a menu component aligned to the left side of the viewport. The menu contains a list of two main modules "Edit content" and "Dashboard" as well as shortcuts and modules.Specification:
- Edit content button
- Dashboard button
- Shortcuts (section)
- Main modules and first level sub modules (sections)
- Collapse/expand button for each "section"
- Remember states (like the inspector groups)
- Menu toggle button
- Active state when toggled
- Toggle with click (maybe hover as well, needs some real tests)
- Overlays other UI elements and the page
- Does not add left margin to the body
- Toggle animation is slide out/in from left
- Position fixed with 100 % height
- Content not visible can be viewed by scrolling
- Create separate SCSS file for all CSS
Updated by Aske Ertmann over 8 years ago
Jacob Floyd wrote:
Should this say that the menu is aligned to the top of the viewport? The Navigate component is aligned to the left. Or are both Navigate and Menu aligned to the left like TYPO3 CMS?
No it's correct because they're both aligned to the left. The Menu component overlaps the navigate component if both are opened at the same time. If you'd like a more detailed explanation please let me know, otherwise you will be able to see it in action within a couple of weeks.