Task #6449

SSO single-sign-on Ext for mediawiki

Added by Daniel Brüßler about 9 years ago. Updated over 7 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Should have
Assignee:
Start date:
2011-09-28
Due date:
2011-09-28
% Done:

100%


Description

Preparation

  • Backup of the current database
  • Backup of the MediaWiki files

install and test the SSO adapter

  • How it works: one logs in into the typo3.org login-page and this page sends one to wiki.typo3.org and calls the SSO-connector. The connector gets the needed user-data and creates the account if it didn't exist before and logs the account in or only logs the account in
  • create a wiki-login page

add a screenshot and link to typo3.org

To this page (visible when you are logged in):
https://typo3.org/community/your-account/

Migrate users

Preparation before new user accounts are imported

  • change all usernames to "Old*"

Migrate content

user-page and talk page: REDIRECTS?

content: Merge old user accounts with the according new one (changes the user-id)


Related issues

Related to wiki.typo3.org - Task #32279: SSO: Deactivate certain user settings Resolved 2011-12-02
Follows wiki.typo3.org - Task #30347: Add a note to the Login page that the Wiki does not use the logins from typo3.org Resolved 2011-09-27
Follows wiki.typo3.org - Task #30289: Prevent spammers from registering Resolved 2011-09-26
Follows wiki.typo3.org - Bug #28569: Recover Password Functionality is missing Resolved 2011-07-29
Follows wiki.typo3.org - Bug #25766: wiki.typo3.org - password reset not possible Closed 2011-04-05

History

#1 Updated by Daniel Brüßler about 9 years ago

  • Due date changed from 2010-02-28 to 2010-03-31
  • Target version changed from sprint 2010/02 to sprint 2010/03
  • Start date changed from 2010-02-11 to 2010-03-11

#2 Updated by Daniel Brüßler almost 9 years ago

  • % Done changed from 20 to 30

Good news: This week I'm able to install&config the needed stuff :-)

#3 Updated by Daniel Brüßler almost 9 years ago

  • % Done changed from 30 to 70

the typo3.org-side is ready now, the adapter downloaded

#4 Updated by Daniel Brüßler almost 9 years ago

  • Due date changed from 2010-03-31 to 2010-04-30

Statusinfo: Tonight I tried the adapter what is from year 2005, it's too old. I'm now waiting for the mantis-version of the adapter, so I can update the mediawiki-version to 2.0

#5 Updated by Daniel Brüßler over 8 years ago

  • Due date deleted (2010-04-30)
  • Status changed from Accepted to Needs Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Daniel Brüßler to Michael Stucki
  • Target version changed from sprint 2010/03 to sprint 2010/12
  • Start date deleted (2010-03-11)
  • % Done changed from 70 to 50

Hello Michael, I still Need real example-code for HowTo implement this. ;-)

#6 Updated by Daniel Brüßler over 8 years ago

  • Category changed from 661 to 888

Hello Michael, please send me the SingleSignOn adapter of the mantis-installation. I don't mean the bridge-settings on www.typo3.org which I have, I mean the php-code on bugs.typo3.org for the SSO. Thanks :-)

#7 Updated by Daniel Brüßler about 8 years ago

  • Status changed from Needs Feedback to Accepted
  • Assignee changed from Michael Stucki to Daniel Brüßler
  • Target version changed from sprint 2010/12 to 844
  • % Done changed from 50 to 70

got enough information for this task now

#8 Updated by Daniel Brüßler about 8 years ago

  • Category changed from 888 to 884

#9 Updated by Francois Suter over 7 years ago

  • Project changed from Documentation to wiki.typo3.org
  • Category deleted (884)
  • Assignee deleted (Daniel Brüßler)
  • Target version deleted (844)

#10 Updated by Chris topher over 7 years ago

Some updates regarding the current development:

In the last week this already was done:
  • naw.info installed SSO on the dev server.
  • I wrote a script, which
    • renames all existing user accounts to "Old<username>"
    • moves all user pages and user talk pages to the according "new" username Old<username>
    • updates all occurences of the old user names in logs and on pages
  • Afterwards the SSO adapter can just add the users, which logged in with SSO, as new user accounts to the database. (We will not change user IDs or such.)
  • I installed a wiki extension, with which we can merge user accounts. That way we can merge Old<username> with the according new account. All posts, the list of watched pages and so on will be merged to the new user account, which was created by the adapter. This has to be done by hand. Before you can merge an account, the user must once have been logged in at the wiki (= his new account must already have been created).
  • I exchanged the login link in the wiki. Instead of the link which was there, we will provide a link to the SSO page on typo3.org.
  • I disabled user registration on the wiki.
  • With the original implementation with every SSO login, a user got the user group "bots" associated to his account. This must be prevented. I have fixed this.
  • SSO is working on the dev server.

#11 Updated by Chris topher over 7 years ago

  • Status changed from Accepted to Resolved
  • Assignee set to Chris topher
  • % Done changed from 70 to 100
The Production Wiki has now been switched to SSO.
  • Note: Since we have renamed the old user accounts, login is no longer possible with these accounts.
  • The typo3.org 'You have just logged in' page now contains a link to the wiki, which actually logs you in immediately.
This still has to be done:
  • Redirection back to the wiki page from which you came is not yet working. See #32572.

Also available in: Atom PDF