Unsupported exception leads to error in uploads
Using Tika with SOLR for metadata extraction.
The Unsupported exception in SolrCellService::detectLanguageFromFile leads to failure reporting the success of a file upload.Steps to reproduce:
- Have TIKA configured to use SOLR as extraction tool;
- Go to the Filelist nodule;
- Go to some folder;
- Click on the upload button;
- Select a PDF file;
- See the upload progress showing 100% but not that the upload is finished;
- Reload the page using the refresh button;
- See the error message "Uploaded file could not be moved! Write-permission problem in "%s"?"
This error message comes from ExtendedFileUtility::func_upload(1157). When a breakpoint is set here the throw exception is from TIKA with the message "The Tika Solr service does not support language detection". Being unable to extract metadata should not prevent getting an upload finished message.
#2 Updated by Pierrick Caillon over 2 years ago
Please, could you close this issue?