Vote a Leader
We need to vote a leader for this Italian Committee.
#1 Updated by Roberto Torresani over 3 years ago
how best to proceed?
I would propose to start fix:
- a date for the vote and then collect the nominations
- can vote only members of the association or anyone (with the possibility that they are not involved in the Italian TYPO3 world)?
- decide on the term and the tasks of the leaders
#2 Updated by Rino Razzi over 3 years ago
The leader should be elected only by the members of this project.
In my opinion we should first try to have more members in the project, then we will elect the leader.
Anyone of actual members should speak with Italian TYPO3 people he knows asking them become member of the project.
I propose next October 31th as a deadline for new members.
Then we can simply use Doodle to let any member propose a leader.
#3 Updated by Roberto Torresani over 3 years ago
from now until 30 November
- increase the number of members in the project
- discuss the role and time of the leader
- discuss the goals of the leader
- discuss the activities of the committee (all members)
- discuss whether it is necessary other roles or if it's better to be the leader to decide this
from 1 December to 5 December
- possibility to apply for the role (with motivation)
from 6 December to 15 December
- forum with the possibility to ask question to the candidates
from 16 December to 31 December
#5 Updated by Roberto Torresani about 3 years ago
It's time to vote a leader.
Those who want to apply have time untill January 19 to present itself with a short list of important tasks for him and for the Italian Community.
Between 21 and 29 January will be able to vote for the leader of the Italian Community by all members.
For any question is possible write here or in slack channel.
#6 Updated by Roberto Torresani about 3 years ago
My candidature to Leader of Italian Committee
I am Roberto Torresani and I'm living in Trento. I'm using TYPO3 since 2004 and I'm one of the most active members of the Italian community.
In 2010 I organized the first event in Italy on TYPO3: T3Camp Italia. I organized four edition of the event, with the help of other people, and I was in contact with many people using TYPO3 in Italy (70 people attended in the 2012 edition in Bologna).
Last year I was present with one TYPO3 stand to the Italian Web Marketing Festival with more of 4000 partecipants.
I'm an elected member of BCC since 2013 and during this period I knews better the activities of the international TYPO3 Association. The business control committee (BCC) has a first look in the accounting of the Association and check the annual budget.
In the TYPO3 World I'm also a mentor of the mentorship program and the author of the Italian version of "TYPO3 CMS - What's New Slides".
For me the Italian Community should help the Italian people to know TYPO3 CMS. My idea is based on the following points:
- : organize better the translation procces of TYPO3 in Italian (core and main extensions);
- : organize one/two annual meetings for the community where people can share problems and solutions;
- : I'm in contact with a couple of Italian university that use TYPO3 and we are organizing something for the next months;
- : maintain contact with the international group (President, Board, TYPO3 Association, Marketing Team, ...)
Something about my job: I'm a freelancer and CEO of Posit. Our works are based on TYPO3 CMS, Flow and Magento.
This is me and I thank you for your attention!
#8 Updated by Gert-jan Dikkescheij about 3 years ago
I have known Roberto only since a couple of days, but it seems to me that he is well prepared for the job, and seems a member full initiative that has proven his dedication trough a lot of work for TYPO3 in the past ...
It was the man that answered in the italian community when I reached, I say +1 for Roberto Torresani ...
(although maybe nobody is interested what I have to say ... )
#12 Updated by Rino Razzi about 3 years ago
In Italy we have many people active in the TYPO3 community since many years.
Nevertheless, sometimes we lacked in organization and cooperation spirit.
We need for the Italian TYPO3 community to collaborate more together and to become stronger.
I think that Robert will work in that direction.
+1 for Roberto