Width/height from EXIF should not be trusted
[BUGFIX] Do not trust image dimensions from EXIF data
The image dimensions as stored within EXIF metadata should not be trusted
since they may not reflect the actual size of an image previously resized
while keeping the original metadata. As such, best is to let TYPO3 figure
the height/width of an image instead of extracting them.
It still makes sense though to extract this information when dealing with
e.g., PDF documents.
Tested-by: Rafal Brzeski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Xavier Perseguers <email@example.com>
Tested-by: Xavier Perseguers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
#1 Updated by Xavier Perseguers about 2 years ago
Please describe more precisely how to reproduce the bug, whenever, that is if this relates to some file, best is to put it here and please then describe how this extension is configured (threshold, ...) and then what to do next to reproduce the bug. Thx
#2 Updated by Rafal Brzeski about 2 years ago
1. Uninstall extractor extension
2. Upload Test.jpg by Filelist and check image dimension in Camera Data tab (it should have physical dimension)
3. Remove Test.jpg by Filelist
4. install * extractor* and upload Test.jpg again
5. check image dimension in Camera Data tab - see differents - now image dimensions comes from EXIF (which probably is ok)
6. At the end try to insert new content element with that image, use Image manipulation (crop) and check what happens after save.