Reliably upgrade TYPO3 (patch/ release updates) from command line (cli)
My current problem:
Continually enhancing Upgrade mechanism for TYPO3 patch update (m.m.a >> m.m.b) from command line and still running into problems.Current Upgrade Mechanism
- replace symbolic link to TYPO3 Source
- clear PHP OpCache
- (typo3_console)./typo3cms cache:flush --force
this will result in the followinng:
problem on upgrade 7.6.15 to 7.6.16:
Oops, an error occurred! Could not analyse class: "TYPO3\CMS\Extensionmanager\ViewHelpers\ReloadSqlDataViewHelper" maybe not loaded or no autoloader? Class TYPO3\CMS\Extensionmanager\ViewHelpers\ReloadSqlDataViewHelper does not exist
This could be fixed by clearing - once more - the PHP OPCache.
Alternative and more brutal methods were tried, among which were some of the following steps:
- rm typotemp
- rm typo3temp/Cache
- use coreapi: cacheapi:clearsystemcache
- or cacheapi:clearallcaches
- use typo3_console without --force: ./typo3cms cache:flush
I ran into problems with TYPO3 6 and TYPO3 7 (didn't try TYPO3 8). With TYPO3 4.5 there were no problems whatsoever - ever.
On Updates a number of about 150 TYPO3 installations were updated. Usually the mechanism worked quite well, but still it is not 100% reliable.
- document recommended way for upgrading from command line on typo3.org
- integrate command line tools (i.e. typo3_console, coreapi into TYPO3 core)
- make command line tools and configuration for TYPO3 a priority
Hints from others
Searches for this topic: the answers where ambiguous: e.g. TYPO3 slack: #cig-deployment:
2 answers on the question:
- "for a 7.6 I suggest to use typo3_console :typo3cms cache:flush --force will do the job"
- "But should be avoided to not step into race conditions. typo3cms cache:flush is usually enough."
Any help is really appreciated.