Example Configuration for news
great that you bring rss2import to TYPO3 8. I installed your ext on TYPO3 8 LTS and it seams to work. But I would like to ask you, if you could extend the documentation.
- How do I specify, which news extension is used (tt_news, tx_news)
- Maybe you could insert an example for e.g. news or tt_news.
- Please precise the mapping. What do you mean with "feed_namespace"? Where do I get it? How do I call the right database (e.g. tx_news_domain_model_news)?
- the EXT ttnews_rss_import has a test-button, that calls the given RSS Feed and writes the content down. So you can check, if the feed import works. Would be a good thing here as well, wouldn't it?
Out of the box, I get no datasets inserted in the news tables, but I couldn't find some helpful details.
Thank you and regards
#1 Updated by Krzysztof Kasprzyca 9 months ago
- Status changed from New to Needs Feedback
- Assignee set to Joe Jones
The extension is not the port of EXT:rss2_import only based on it. It works only with EXT:news. I think the documentation is enough to set the basic configuration of the importing feed. If you use Scheduler as recurring job and don't have any imported items then I think you should check the privileges of the news model for CLI user (read & write). Feed namespace is helpful when you added custom fields to your feed. Example with mapping based on field <content:encoded /> which you should fine in almost all feeds.
The idea with the test button is quite good so maybe if I will have some time I will introduce it to the extension