Compatibility with T3v8 and Fluid
Is there any plan to make WFQBE compatible with Typo3 v.8.x and to the Fluid Template structure?
The latter might be mandatory starting from Typo3 v.9.x: moving in that direction would be a big step forward so as to maintain WFQBE compatibility in the future.
I would be glad to help but unfortunately I haven't any experience at all with Fluid Templates.
#1 Updated by Ronald Wopereis 9 months ago
Erwin and I are currently working on an intermediate version, based on T3v7, where we introduce Fluid forms in the background (insertq).
The reason for doing so is that our first target is to remove all $content .= from the php and instead use php to create a fluidObject with variables assigned.
For each datatype in the insertq (calendar, select, input, etc) we will create a Partial that can handle such datatype. A select that shows values from a related table can then, in this Partial, be given both the value and the list of (uid, display name)s
#2 Updated by Claudio Strizzolo 4 months ago
- File wfqbe_dev.tar.gz added
- PHP Version set to 7.0
Just in case someone is interested: I have merged some improvements that have been proposed so far in order to make WFQBE more compatible with T3v8.
A more thorough approach would be needed, though.
1. I started off by the many improvements provided by Ronald Wopereis and Erwin Winkel.
2. The patch by Esben Leonhard (https://forge.typo3.org/issues/86823) has been applied.
3. A patch for another unresolved bug (https://forge.typo3.org/issues/83738) has been applied too.
4. A lot of function calls which are deprecated in T3v8 have been removed.
Please use the attached version at your own risk.
Comments and suggestions are welcome.