Workspaces preview of translated language
Can’t preview my translated language while inside my workspace, it only shows the default language. The link is also the same for the preview button.
Updated by Sebastian Michaelsen 8 months ago
I can reproduce this problem both in TYPO3 8.7 and on master (10.4.0-dev).
Steps to reproduce:
- Have an installation with a Workspace and at least one non-default language.
- Set up a page with content in default language
- Switch to your workspace
- Translate the page content into a new language
- Preview in that language -> default language will be shown
My findings so far:
- In the above scenario when creating the translation, two records are created: A placeholder in the LIVE WS and an Offline record.
1by default which causes the placeholder to be hidden
- If the placeholder is not hidden, the preview works.
- For our project I created a patch that always sets hidden = 0 for the placeholder record right in the DataHandler. I'm not sure this is the clean solution. I'm attaching my patch file for 8.7 maybe it is helpful for others.
Updated by Christian Kuhn 4 months ago
Played around on this for a while.
Reproducible in v9 but fixed in v10 and master. In v9 I was unable to preview the translated page / content element that exists in the workspace only. That is no problem in v10/master as soon as the admin panel settings 'show hidden content' and 'show hidden pages' are set. That behavior is identical to live.
I didn't nail which patch fixed that, but #91662 is a good candidate, it has been merged after Sebastians comment.
I'll close the issue for now since I think it's resolved. Please ping us if we missed something.